Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tj tj is offline

Default Macro Enable after Disabled

I have a large spreadsheet with macros. Sometimes when I open this
spreadsheet, the enable/disable dialogue box doesn't appear, and the file is
opened w/out enabling the macros. Is there a way to: 1) make sure dialogue
box always appears; or 2) enable the macros after the file is already open w/
macros disabled (without closing and reopening the file)?

Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1. Set security to medium. When High or Very high, macros are automatically
disabled.

2. Cannot be done without closing then re-opening with macros enabled.

If the workbook is just for your own use on your computer, I would suggest
creating a digital signature via Office's SelfCert tool.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP