Old March 15th 08, 01:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default merge cells disabled how do I enable

I have an xcel spreadsheet that has merge cells button disabled. How do I
enable this button?

Old March 15th 08, 01:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the workbook shared? If so, you would need to unshare it first.
If not, is it protcted? May want to unprotect it first...

Old March 15th 08, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's a GOOD thing. Use center across instead

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Old November 29th 16, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 9:08:39 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Don't know if this helps but I got confused because I expected the merge cells to be enabled when I multi-select cells via click and not drag. You need to actually drag to trigger merge cell to be enabled, which is indicated by the difference in how the cell borders are highlighted. But, it was confusing because I expected it to be there as long as the cells were selected, whether individually or together

Wow! That's it, I had no idea there was a difference, thanks!