Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Carey Campbell Carey Campbell is offline

Default All macro are disabled due to encryption?

This works in the Case of one User on a workstation. However, It appears that
if multiple users exist on a single workstation ot there are roaming profiles
that are in use on the company network that this registery edit needs to be
done under each user ID on that particular workstation. I just verified this
on this computer where I am a user and my wife has a separate user logon.

OK, that said on the office network, there is a conferance room PC that is
used by several company associates to make presentations. The user use their
own user logon and roaming profile. in this case the macros are not exactly
disabled ( I have menu items that run ok, but I also have Command buttons on
the sheets that one the same macros. ) So the macros run from the items OK,
but here is the kicker, as soon as I password protect the workbook, the macro
buttons on the sheets disappear.

Any clues??

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Joakim

Maybe
http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Joakim Norrman" wrote in message
I have a workbook containing macros made in Excel 97. When I save the program
in Excel 2007 and when I reopen the program, all macros are disabled
independent of macro security level. Message in userform is: "The file
contains encrypted macros that have been disabled because there is no
antivirus software installed that can scan them. To run these macros, remove
the encrytion or permission restrictions on the file." I have never made the
workbook encrypted and there is no password in userform Encrypt Document.

Solution?