Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Displaying a Zero where the formula result would be negative

Similar to the discussion thread in January, I am trying to figure out how to
display a $0 where the sum of my equation would result in a negative number.

For example, my formula is =m2*25

How would I create a formula that would automatically display $0 if the sum
of the equation above resulted in a negative number?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 1, 7:41 pm, Penny G. <Penny
wrote:
Similar to the discussion thread in January, I am trying to figure out how to
display a $0 where the sum of my equation would result in a negative number.

For example, my formula is =m2*25

How would I create a formula that would automatically display $0 if the sum
of the equation above resulted in a negative number?

=IF(M2<0,0,M2*25)

hmm.. what's this about a "sum"?

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Similar to the discussion thread in January, I am trying to figure out
how to
display a $0 where the sum of my equation would result in a negative
number.

For example, my formula is =m2*25

How would I create a formula that would automatically display $0 if the
sum
of the equation above resulted in a negative number?

=IF(M2<0,0,M2*25)

Another possibility...

=MAX(0,M2*25)

hmm.. what's this about a "sum"?