Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula result is not displaying

I have a formula that is working. But in the cell that the formula is applied
to, it displays #N/A. When I go to the formula wizard it's displaying the
correct result. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps you could let us know what formula you are using ... ?

Pete

Olga wrote:

I have a formula that is working. But in the cell that the formula is applied
to, it displays #N/A. When I go to the formula wizard it's displaying the
correct result. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure. Here it is:

=INDEX('formatted sheet'!K1:K14,MATCH(1,('formatted sheet'!H1:H100='Mason
Road'!D4)*('formatted sheet'!J1:J100='Mason Road'!A39),0))

Olga wrote:

I have a formula that is working. But in the cell that the formula is applied
to, it displays #N/A. When I go to the formula wizard it's displaying the
correct result. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I figured it out. :) I forgot to enclose the formula in { }.

"Olga" wrote:

I have a formula that is working. But in the cell that the formula is applied
to, it displays #N/A. When I go to the formula wizard it's displaying the
correct result. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is an array formula - you must commit it with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER
(CSE) rather than just ENTER. Click in the formula bar as if to edit
the formula, then do CSE - if you do this correctly then Excel will
wrap curly braces { } around the formula when viewed in the formula
bar: you must not type these yourself.

Hope this helps - somewhat delayed, but Google Groups has been down
today.

Pete