-   -   Displaying a Zero where the formula result would be negative (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408675-displaying-zero-where-formula-result-would-negative.html)

Penny G.

Displaying a Zero where the formula result would be negative

Similar to the discussion thread in January, I am trying to figure out how to
display a $0 where the sum of my equation would result in a negative number.

For example, my formula is =m2*25

How would I create a formula that would automatically display $0 if the sum
of the equation above resulted in a negative number?

cht13er

Displaying a Zero where the formula result would be negative

On Apr 1, 7:41 pm, Penny G. <Penny
wrote:
Similar to the discussion thread in January, I am trying to figure out how to
display a $0 where the sum of my equation would result in a negative number.

For example, my formula is =m2*25

How would I create a formula that would automatically display $0 if the sum
of the equation above resulted in a negative number?

=IF(M2<0,0,M2*25)

hmm.. what's this about a "sum"?

Chris

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1623_]

Displaying a Zero where the formula result would be negative

Similar to the discussion thread in January, I am trying to figure out
how to
display a $0 where the sum of my equation would result in a negative
number.

For example, my formula is =m2*25

How would I create a formula that would automatically display $0 if the
sum
of the equation above resulted in a negative number?

=IF(M2<0,0,M2*25)

Another possibility...

=MAX(0,M2*25)

hmm.. what's this about a "sum"?

I wondered about that too.

Rick

Charlie

Displaying a Zero where the formula result would be negative

She meant "Some" as in "Some of my equations" :0

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Similar to the discussion thread in January, I am trying to figure out
how to
display a $0 where the sum of my equation would result in a negative
number.

For example, my formula is =m2*25

How would I create a formula that would automatically display $0 if the
sum
of the equation above resulted in a negative number?

=IF(M2<0,0,M2*25)

Another possibility...

=MAX(0,M2*25)

hmm.. what's this about a "sum"?

I wondered about that too.

Rick

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1627_]

Displaying a Zero where the formula result would be negative

Ah, that could be (although the word "the" in front of the word "sum" makes
that usage hard to determine).

Rick