Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compile error in hidden module:frmwork

In Excel 2007 - when I open a template and complete dialog box entries and
click on OK then I get the message "Compile error hidden module: frmwork"

It then goes straight into the spreadsheet and when I add anything and press
ENTER I get the message "Compile error hidden module: This workbook".

When this runs in Excel 2003 all is well - so any thoughts on how to sort?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The modules are hidden because they are password protected. Someone with
the password would have to use it to open the VB project of the workbook or
add-in or template that's causing the error. And then check Tools,
References in the VBE to look for a "missing" reference.

--
Jim
"Lynne" wrote in message

| In Excel 2007 - when I open a template and complete dialog box entries and
| click on OK then I get the message "Compile error hidden module: frmwork"
|
| It then goes straight into the spreadsheet and when I add anything and
press
| ENTER I get the message "Compile error hidden module: This workbook".
|
| When this runs in Excel 2003 all is well - so any thoughts on how to sort?
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried this and References is "greyed out"

Any ideas?

"Lynne" wrote in message

| In Excel 2007 - when I open a template and complete dialog box entries
and
| click on OK then I get the message "Compile error hidden module:
frmwork"

| It then goes straight into the spreadsheet and when I add anything and
press
| ENTER I get the message "Compile error hidden module: This workbook".
|
| When this runs in Excel 2003 all is well - so any thoughts on how to
sort?

| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"References" is grayed out when code is running or when there is no active
project or the active project is protected. Seems to me you don't have the
password or didn't use it.

--
Jim
"Lynne" wrote in message
|I tried this and References is "greyed out"
|
| Any ideas?
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| The modules are hidden because they are password protected. Someone
with
| the password would have to use it to open the VB project of the workbook
| or
| add-in or template that's causing the error. And then check Tools,
| References in the VBE to look for a "missing" reference.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Lynne" wrote in message
| |
| | In Excel 2007 - when I open a template and complete dialog box entries
| and
| | click on OK then I get the message "Compile error hidden module:
| frmwork"
| |
| | It then goes straight into the spreadsheet and when I add anything and
| press
| | ENTER I get the message "Compile error hidden module: This workbook".
| |
| | When this runs in Excel 2003 all is well - so any thoughts on how to
| sort?
| |
| | Thanks
| |