Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserForm Labels not Showing Properly

I have several UserForms my users use in a workbook. For some reason some of
my users are only seeing portions of the labels. For example, my computer
will show the label caption "Description", but another computer may show
"Descr", why is this?

Does it have something to do with the users resolution settings?

Thanks in Advance,
Ryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Probably not the resolution setting, per se, but rather the font size
setting (also referred to as the DPI setting). Most systems are set up to
display at 96 dpi, but user's have the option of selecting a display setting
of 120 dpi (or, as on my system, any value in between via a Custom Setting).
It used to be uncommon to run into people with a setting other than 96 dpi,
but it seems a more popular thing with LCD screens with large width and
height pixel resolutions. These settings aid in combating problems with text
readability when the pixel size becomes very small (as happens when more
pixels are crammed into monitors of a given size). I guess the only things
you can do to combat this is dynamically size your components for the given
setting on a user's computer (probably involves using the Windows API and
performing a bunch of calculations) or make caption areas larger than
necessary and leave lots of blank border space around your UserForm's... and
keep the edges of your controls away from the right and bottom sides.

Rick

"RyanH" wrote in message
I have several UserForms my users use in a workbook. For some reason some
of
my users are only seeing portions of the labels. For example, my computer
will show the label caption "Description", but another computer may show
"Descr", why is this?

Does it have something to do with the users resolution settings?

Thanks in Advance,
Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I could really use some help determining whether my current problem is
related to DPI, as Rick says below. This is the last issue in a 2-month long
project that should have been done by now.

The Checkboxes.Add parameters I'm currently using to add a column of
checkboxes to data rows is based on cell width, and is not working properly
for users with a large Windows font setting (high DPI). The boxes are very
gradually losing vertical position (not horizontal, which I thought was
strange) for those users only, until the checkbox that should be in the 30th
row, for instance, is in the 29th. As Rick says below, these users have large
monitors (for engineering work) and need the large fonts for readability.
The usual parameters work for all users with normal DPIs.

I have a programming background but am self-taught when it comes to VBA,
although I usually do fine. I have been stuck on this, though, and I get the
feeling there's an easy solution that I'm missing. If someone can please
advise what the simplest way is to get around this issue, jumping through as
few hoops as possible, I'd be ever so grateful. Thanks, and happy holidays.