Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1451_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1451_] is offline

Default UserForm Labels not Showing Properly

Probably not the resolution setting, per se, but rather the font size
setting (also referred to as the DPI setting). Most systems are set up to
display at 96 dpi, but user's have the option of selecting a display setting
of 120 dpi (or, as on my system, any value in between via a Custom Setting).
It used to be uncommon to run into people with a setting other than 96 dpi,
but it seems a more popular thing with LCD screens with large width and
height pixel resolutions. These settings aid in combating problems with text
readability when the pixel size becomes very small (as happens when more
pixels are crammed into monitors of a given size). I guess the only things
you can do to combat this is dynamically size your components for the given
setting on a user's computer (probably involves using the Windows API and
performing a bunch of calculations) or make caption areas larger than
necessary and leave lots of blank border space around your UserForm's... and
keep the edges of your controls away from the right and bottom sides.

Rick

"RyanH" wrote in message
I have several UserForms my users use in a workbook. For some reason some
of
my users are only seeing portions of the labels. For example, my computer
will show the label caption "Description", but another computer may show
"Descr", why is this?

Does it have something to do with the users resolution settings?

Thanks in Advance,
Ryan