Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserForm from VBA macro is not getting properly unloaded

Ajit,

Sorry to send you off on a red herring with the Google Talk thing but it was
a reasoned guess given the previous problems experienced with Google
Desktop.

I would really like to know what causes this myself since a user of my
XspandXL add-in was experiencing similar problems with Act! installed.

Is there anything else you have installed that interfaces with Excel? Other
add-ins?

How about uninstalling any other Com add-ins? To check these do this:
View, Toolbars, Customise, Commands tab, Tools, find Com Add-ins, drag it up
to your tools menu bar item. Close the Customise dialog. Goto tools and
select Com Add-ins.

This adds a bit of info from MS:

Otherwise, send me the workbook with your macros and I'll have a look
although I really think it will be something specific to your machine that
is causing this.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Karve, Ajit" wrote in message
Robin,

I uninstalled Google talk but no success! :( Its still giving that
problem.

- Ajit

"Robin Hammond" wrote:

Ajit,

Not sure, but there's one way to find out. If it's not too much trouble,
try
uninstalling Google Talk.

If that fixes the problem, please post back here so that there is a
record
of the issue. I hadn't heard of Google Talk until now, but since it is
still
in beta, we had better find out before they send it to release or the
problem will become more widespread.

I know from experience trying to get some help from MS on this problem
with
Act, that MS will say it is not their responsibility, so it will be up to
Google to fix it.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Karve, Ajit" wrote in message
Robin,

I don't have Google Desktop but I've Google talk on my
machine.
Does it has an impact ?

Thanks,
Ajit

"Robin Hammond" wrote:

Ajit,

Do you have Google Desktop or Act Contact management software
installed?

There's a known issue with Google and a suspected issue with Act that
causes
a password prompt in 3rd party add-ins.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Karve, Ajit" <Karve, wrote in message
In an Excel sheet, I have a simple macro which is
password-protected.
This
macro just pops-up the UserForm when you click the button. The form
references the ActiveCell from the sheet. If you close the form and
then
close the excel application, password dialogue box appears. If you
don't
open
the form at all (i.e. just open the excel-sheet and close it), it
works
fine.

This problem appears only when you have any add-in installed. Even
if
you
comment out the code in that add-in, still the password box pops-up.
If
you
want I can upload the Excel sheet as well as the .NET Add-in which I
used
while Testing

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks,
Ajit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Robin,

There are no other com-addins installed. I checked it the way u had
written. Also, I'm able to reproduce this prooblem on lot of machines so It
doesn't seem to machine-specific. Please post ur mail ID so that I can send
you the add-in & Excel-sheet.

Thanks,
Ajit