Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Status Bar Freezing 2nd Try

I am using the code application.DisplayStatusBar = "xxx" to keep the user
updated on my routines progress. As long as the user keeps the application
focus on Excel the updating works but if they say, go check email and then
come back when Excel regains focus the status bar does not update even
thought the routine is successfully running in the back ground.

I checked out the DoEvents call but don't think it will fix it.

Any Ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How did you check out doevents?

By testing or by reading about it in help?

If you didn't test, maybe you should try it.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

but don't think it will fix it

What exactly do you mean with that?
Also no idea why you started a second thread.

RBS