-   -   Status Bar Freezing 2nd Try (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407571-status-bar-freezing-2nd-try.html)

DownThePaint

Status Bar Freezing 2nd Try

I am using the code application.DisplayStatusBar = "xxx" to keep the user
updated on my routines progress. As long as the user keeps the application
focus on Excel the updating works but if they say, go check email and then
come back when Excel regains focus the status bar does not update even
thought the routine is successfully running in the back ground.

I checked out the DoEvents call but don't think it will fix it.

Any Ideas

Dave Peterson

Status Bar Freezing 2nd Try

How did you check out doevents?

By testing or by reading about it in help?

If you didn't test, maybe you should try it.

--

Dave Peterson

RB Smissaert

Status Bar Freezing 2nd Try

but don't think it will fix it

What exactly do you mean with that?
Also no idea why you started a second thread.

RBS