Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBAProject Password message appears when exiting Excel

We have created a macro that generates charts in a separate file. Having
password protected the project a few days ago, only recently did the VBA
Project Password message start appearing. I do not have the Google toolbar
installed. However, I will admit that I might have left the editor open while
exiting Excel. Did this cause this problem? If not, any thoughts? I do not to
ensure password protection of the project. Much thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's not the google toolbar that's the problem. It's the Google Desktop Search
program that can cause trouble.

Do you have that program installed?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The only times I've seen this mentioned in the newsgroups, Google Desktop was to
blame. I don't recall any other common cause.

Any chance that you have a macro that tries to change something in the
workbook's project?

I don't really have a helpful guess.

GDCross wrote:

We have created a macro that generates charts in a separate file. Having
password protected the project a few days ago, only recently did the VBA
Project Password message start appearing. I do not have the Google toolbar
installed. However, I will admit that I might have left the editor open while
exiting Excel. Did this cause this problem? If not, any thoughts? I do not to
ensure password protection of the project. Much thanks in advance.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the free password prompt fixer at
http://www.add-ins.com/password_problem.htm.

Google Desktop is the primary cause. Also, old versions of ACT!

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systemshttp://www.add-ins.com