Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default performance

After macro, if I run the macro once more, the performance is slowed....
why...
ctrl+alt+del, in wnd task manager, for the first time, Mem Usage of
excel 20,000kb , but after macro runnig, the value is 29,000kb......

How can I the value back return 20,000....??
by the way, after excel application is closed, if the excel file is
opened again, the Mem is 20,000 originally, and the macro run velociy is
fast... but, once more the macro running, the velocity is slowed.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There could be more reasons, but one is that there are variables in the code
that store values and retain those values as part of the file until the file
is closed. This causes the file size to increase by the amount of bytes
required to store the variable values. Setting varibles to nothing at the
end of the procedure can help reduce that effect.