Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2003 vs 2007

Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had to
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John

You can customise your QAT, (Quick Access Toolbar) by drag and drop with
your favourites and IMO you can customise the ribbon pretty easily. I have a
'favourites' tab, with no code and just the groups I use regularly.
'Tear-offs' or lack of them are a pain, but this is V1 and when you have
used it, as I have for a couple of years, it makes some stuff more
discoverable (again IMO)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"John" wrote in message
Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching
the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you serious? Haven't you read the blogs and the newsgroups? The public
sentiment is about 98% in favor of menus and command bars and 2% for the
ribbon.

Nick does a nice job trying to stick up for the ribbon, but IMNSHO, the QUAT
is a sad and inferior substitute for customizable command bars. The ribbon
is easy to customize, for developers and power users, but not for regular
users. And even when you've discovered where the stuff is, there are
productivity sapping features like the always changing tabs (never the right
one showing) and dialogs that don't follow MS's own published best interface
practices. But I think they have an ulterior motive: your mouse will wear
out from the added mileage and clicking, so you'll line up to buy a new MS
mouse.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"John" wrote in message
Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching
the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"John" wrote in message

Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching
the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry

"But I think they have an ulterior motive: your mouse will wear
out from the added mileage and clicking, so you'll line up to buy a
new MS
mouse."

Ha! Ha! Ha!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon...

You are hardly alone. I think the Ribbon is not too bad **for people who
have never used Excel and menus/command bars before**. For someone with
experience, the transition to the Ribbon is a bitch.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"John" wrote in message
Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching
the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From a Seinfeld episode...wonder how many people feel like Kramer.

------------------------
BOB: So! What's it going to be? Are you going to wear the ribbon?

KRAMER (nervously): No! Never.

BOB: But I am wearing the ribbon. He is wearing the ribbon. We are all
wearing the ribbon! So why aren't you going to wear the ribbon!?

KRAMER: This is America! I don't have to wear anything I don't want to wear!

CEDRIC: What are we gonna do with him?

BOB: I guess we are just going to have to teach him to wear the ribbon!

<Kramer tries to climb up a fire escape, but the mob grabs him and pulls him
back down. Kramer screams.
------------------------

--
Tim Zych
SF, CA

"John" wrote in message
Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching
the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And as Kramer said in a different episode:

I'm out!

Tim Zych wrote:

From a Seinfeld episode...wonder how many people feel like Kramer.

------------------------

"John" wrote in message
Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching
the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jan 29, 7:09 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
And as Kramer said in a different episode:

I'm out!

Tim Zych wrote:

From a Seinfeld episode...wonder how many people feel like Kramer.

------------------------

"John" wrote in message
Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching
the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry

--

Dave Peterson

Hey Dave,

You didn't slam your 100 bucks on the table!

SteveM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

LOL

- Jon

"Tim Zych" <tzych@NOSp@mE@RTHLINKDOTNET wrote in message
From a Seinfeld episode...wonder how many people feel like Kramer.

------------------------

"John" wrote in message
Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching
the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"John" wrote:

Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had to
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry

John,

I am with you 2000%. I just returned from vacation to learn that my Outlook
account had been deleted and re-added to correct a processing problem, wiping
out all aspects of my message, tasks, contacts, and calendar as though I had
never existed. On top of that all my office applications were replaced with
the 2007 version. Now I have weeks of work to catch up on complicated by the
"new" applications and absence of much reference information. At the moment
I am feeling a bit stormy!