Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default 2003 vs 2007

Are you serious? Haven't you read the blogs and the newsgroups? The public
sentiment is about 98% in favor of menus and command bars and 2% for the
ribbon.

Nick does a nice job trying to stick up for the ribbon, but IMNSHO, the QUAT
is a sad and inferior substitute for customizable command bars. The ribbon
is easy to customize, for developers and power users, but not for regular
users. And even when you've discovered where the stuff is, there are
productivity sapping features like the always changing tabs (never the right
one showing) and dialogs that don't follow MS's own published best interface
practices. But I think they have an ulterior motive: your mouse will wear
out from the added mileage and clicking, so you'll line up to buy a new MS
mouse.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"John" wrote in message
Am I the only one to prefer 2003 toolbars vs 2007 ribbon... On 2003 I can
have all my functions I use up at the same time... in 2007 I am switching
the
ribbon every two seconds! Seems like a pain to me. Anyways... just had
complain... I know no good, so I am sorry