Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox drops down blank row

Hi Guys,

I am sure I am doing something wrong as my code works on other forms
Private Sub ComboReasonforcall_Change()
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "SELECT"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "General Query"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Non Activation"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Incorrect Handset Delivery"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Incorrect Activation"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Cancellation"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "MNP Forms"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Change Details"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Port Activations"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "MTN Exception"
End Sub

When I run the form the items don't appear in the combobox.

Any help?

Cheers
Albert
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The Change event of the ComboBox is not a very good place to put the code
that loads up the item for the first time. It's blank to begin with because
no change has happened yet... type a letter in the text field of the
ComboBox and then drop down the list. I would think the UserForm's
Initialize event would be a better place for your code.

Rick

"Albert" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I am sure I am doing something wrong as my code works on other forms
Private Sub ComboReasonforcall_Change()
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "SELECT"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "General Query"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Non Activation"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Incorrect Handset Delivery"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Incorrect Activation"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Cancellation"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "MNP Forms"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Change Details"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Port Activations"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "MTN Exception"
End Sub

When I run the form the items don't appear in the combobox.

Any help?

Cheers
Albert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks

I knew this I don't know what I was thinking.

I have created an excel form that will be used by 5 agents. How can I get
their spreadsheets to automatically update the master file on the €śZ drive€ť?
Also How can I create a form to €śsearch€ť this master file for the customers
number. Once it is found to view, pull through into a form, the associated
other fields related to the customerIDnumber.

Can you help?

"Albert" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I am sure I am doing something wrong as my code works on other forms
Private Sub ComboReasonforcall_Change()
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "SELECT"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "General Query"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Non Activation"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Incorrect Handset Delivery"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Incorrect Activation"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Cancellation"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "MNP Forms"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Change Details"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "Port Activations"
ComboReasonforcall.AddItem "MTN Exception"
End Sub

When I run the form the items don't appear in the combobox.

Any help?

Cheers
Albert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't answer your questions as I don't have a network available to me, so
I am not sure about any locking mechanisms (if any) or security protections
(if any) that may be in place to protect the file from multiple write
collisions. My suggestion would be to ask these question in a new message so
that it might be viewed by the entire group of volunteers again (some may
conclude that our several exchanges is taking care of your original problem
and some of them may no longer be reading this thread).

Rick