Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default csv format drops ending zeros

I'm saving an excel file into a csv format and its dropping the zeros at the
end of the numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the Import Wizard:

Data Get external data from text file

and specify your .csv

You will be able to control the formatting.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200858

"Excel 2007 - CSV format" wrote:

I'm saving an excel file into a csv format and its dropping the zeros at the
end of the numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can also rename the .csv file to .txt and use file|open.

You'll be prompted to give the type of field for each column.

If you choose text, the leading 0's will be kept.

If you want to keep the value as a real number, you'll can keep the .csv (or
..txt) and give the column a nice number format:

format|cells|number tab|Custom category
00000
(for 5 digits)

Excel 2007 - CSV format wrote:

I'm saving an excel file into a csv format and its dropping the zeros at the
end of the numbers.

--

Dave Peterson