Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros do not run when spreadsheet is used on a different computer

I created spreadsheets with multiple Macros. When I transfer the spreadsheets
to other computers sometimes the Macros do simple not run at all or the
debugger comes on or create error messages or even more confusing some Macros
in the same spreadsheet run no problem. Some users had Excel crashing while
trying to run the Macros.

The most common error message is:
Run-time error 32809 Application-defined or object-defined error

The debugger comes on i. e. on commands like:
Worksheets("Sheet 1").ShowAllData
For Counter = 1 To 90
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
The Calendar Control 11.0 I use with some Macros also seems not to be
recognized by other users.

The Macros and userforms are attached to the spreadsheet and present when I
transfer the spreadsheets.

The computers I transfer the spreadsheets to are similiar to mine both in
hardware and software as well as version. We run Windows XP and Excel 2003.
It does not seem to be a simple issue like setting security levels etc. I
noticed that other users do not automatically update their Windows/Excel
software and suspect that libraries are missing or some VBA commands are not
recognised by their VBA software. Anyone who can help me to identify the
cause for the problems and has solutions a big "Thanks".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hubert,

1. Shouldn't it be "Worksheets("Sheet1").ShowAllData" or do you
actually have a sheet named "Sheet <space 1" ? Also note that the
worksheet has to be currently filtered using the AutoFilter command.

2. Is "Counter" Dimmed as Long/Integer?

HTH,
JP