Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Macros do not run when spreadsheet is used on a different comp

If I am not mistaken, the object library for Excel is the actual
excel.exe executable. At least, that is how it is for me (I am using
2003 as well).

HTH,
JP

On Jan 15, 10:00*am, Hubert wrote:
Hi JP,

Thanks for your response.

1. The worksheet reference is valid. The show all data is actually part of
an if loop checking first if a filter is on before executing.
2. The Dim is declared as a Range

The more research I do the more it looks like the code in itself is not the
issue at least if it is run on the machine the code was created.

I. e. the calendar control I use seems to be loaded into the VBA library
used by Excel when you load MS Access. So anyone not running MS-Office Pro or
does not use Access on his/her machine has no valid reference and so the
calendar object returns errors or plainly does not work. Testing on various
machines on the same platform of Excel 2003 it seems depending at date of
purchase and install different versions of libraries are used severly
impairing the transportability of Macros from machine to machine even if they
run the same version of Excel.

Does anyone know how and where to update libraries for Excel 2003 to the
latest version in order to establish at least a common platform within the
same version of Excel?