Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DP7 DP7 is offline

Default Linking Problem

I have a macro that does 4 Vlookups automatically. Everything is stored on
the network. My problem is that from time to time the links in this worksheet
will tell me "error source not found." However i know that the spreadsheet it
is linking to have not been chanced and not been moved. The MACROS are stored
in the personal workbook. If anyone can help me with this problem i would be
very happy as it seems very "Twilight zone" like
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

As I can not see your code, I am taking my best guesses here.

You may get this error because

1. If netowrk drive is not available
2. if network drive is mapped using a different letter
3. Name of the worksheet is changed

More details can be found at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327006

HTH,
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"DP7" wrote:

I have a macro that does 4 Vlookups automatically. Everything is stored on
the network. My problem is that from time to time the links in this worksheet
will tell me "error source not found." However i know that the spreadsheet it
is linking to have not been chanced and not been moved. The MACROS are stored
in the personal workbook. If anyone can help me with this problem i would be
very happy as it seems very "Twilight zone" like

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DP7 DP7 is offline

Hi Pranav
I think the problem is you r second suggestion. In the editlinks interface
the macro is looking for a "Z" drive we however only have an "F" drive. This
macro has been use to used to make hundreds of our costing sheets & now all
of a sudden it is looking for a "Z" drive. I was looking for somewhere i
could tell excel that the F drive is what it should be looking in without
having to go into each card to change the source. If you have any suggestions
that may help me or need any other info to help you help me please let me
know. Thanks in advance

"DP7" wrote:

I have a macro that does 4 Vlookups automatically. Everything is stored on
the network. My problem is that from time to time the links in this worksheet
will tell me "error source not found." However i know that the spreadsheet it
is linking to have not been chanced and not been moved. The MACROS are stored
in the personal workbook. If anyone can help me with this problem i would be
very happy as it seems very "Twilight zone" like

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DP7 DP7 is offline

Now i will go into the edit links and change the source to the correct file
on the correct drive. I update the values & save the sheet. As soon as i run
the macro. excel somehow changes the sourced location of the workbook back to
the "Z" drive which as far as i know does not exists. I do not see anywhere
in the macro that i am running that would change the file path. Below u will
find the macro I am using.

Sub Fdrivetrim2()
'
' Fdrivetrim2 Macro
' Macro recorded 4/3/2007 by Dwayne
'

'
Range("J15").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-7],[TRIMPRICES.xls]FUSING!R1C1:R8C3,3,FALSE)"
Range("J17").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-8],[TRIMPRICES.xls]ZIPPERS!R1C1:R37C2,2,FALSE)"
Range("J19").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-8],[TRIMPRICES.xls]ELASTIC!R1C1:R11C4,4,FALSE)"
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=42
Range("M55").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-5],[TRIMPRICES.xls]POLYBAGS!R1C1:R16C2,2,FALSE)"
Range("M56").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-5],[TRIMPRICES.xls]HANGERS!R1C1:R35C5,5,FALSE)"
Range("M56").Select
Range("J20").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-7],[TRIMPRICES.xls]BUTTONS!R1C5:R53C6,2,FALSE)"
End Sub