Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I Create A Button On the Top Tool Bar?

I have created a selection that goes there on open and has a
drop down menu, then is removed on close, but

Is it possible to create a button named "Update" that can
run a sub when you select it?

Right now if I press [ALT] F it will drop down my File menu

It would be nice If I could press [ALT] U and run the macro
associated with the newly create button

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Jeff W.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I take it that you are using msoControlPopup to create the menu up
top. Simply change that to msoControlButton and make any other
necessary changes to variables and such and just add an OnAction to
it. Of course, you would need to remove all the other code underneath
it that creates the menu items as you only want a single button.

Jeff W. wrote:
I have created a selection that goes there on open and has a
drop down menu, then is removed on close, but

Is it possible to create a button named "Update" that can
run a sub when you select it?

Right now if I press [ALT] F it will drop down my File menu

It would be nice If I could press [ALT] U and run the macro
associated with the newly create button

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Jeff W.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just assign a shortcut key to the macro...
On the "Macro" menu select "options" and then assign a CRTL+key to use.

To use the command bar option and assign the ALT key to be part of the
sub-menu item, like alt+f for FILE, then alt+s for save... take a look at the
controls("???").shortcuttext property
This will let you assign the letter when combined with ALT that will run the
..OnAction assigned macro. It will show the "_" for that letter in the menu
text too.

John

"Jeff W." wrote:

I have created a selection that goes there on open and has a
drop down menu, then is removed on close, but

Is it possible to create a button named "Update" that can
run a sub when you select it?

Right now if I press [ALT] F it will drop down my File menu

It would be nice If I could press [ALT] U and run the macro
associated with the newly create button

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Jeff W.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I give that a try...

Thanks,

<Jeff

"Jeff W." wrote:

I have created a selection that goes there on open and has a
drop down menu, then is removed on close, but

Is it possible to create a button named "Update" that can
run a sub when you select it?

Right now if I press [ALT] F it will drop down my File menu

It would be nice If I could press [ALT] U and run the macro
associated with the newly create button

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Jeff W.

how to add a redo button on my tool bar homail New Users to Excel 1 July 19th 08 01:16 AM
The button on my tool bar won't display charlie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 July 17th 08 05:02 PM
tool bar button Vsn New Users to Excel 3 June 23rd 07 05:17 PM
Adding Button to Tool Bar Jenn Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 February 23rd 05 09:33 PM
Excel's draw tool to create a Macro Button JulieD Excel Programming 1 August 5th 04 06:26 PM