Jenn

Default Adding Button to Tool Bar

I want to add a button to my tool bar to run a little macro I have written. I
want this button to be available every time I open excel. How do I do this?
Also, how can I send the button and functionality to a coworker so that she
can have it on her computer everytime she opens excel.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
CyberTaz

Will vary a little depending on version of Excel, but the basic process is:

1- Go to ToolsCustomize and click the Commands tab,
2- Scroll down in the left list to select Macros,
3- Drag the Custom Button item to a toolbar,
4- RtClick the new button & select Assign Macro, then pick the appropriate
Macro in the dialog box that comes up.

You can also use the same menu to change the button's icon, add a text label
to it, or both.

HTH |:)
"Jenn" wrote:

I want to add a button to my tool bar to run a little macro I have written. I
want this button to be available every time I open excel. How do I do this?
Also, how can I send the button and functionality to a coworker so that she
can have it on her computer everytime she opens excel.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Peterson

John Walkenbach's menumaker adds menu items on the fly. It's really simple to
use. You can find it:

If you want a toolbar, here's how I do it:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...5B41%40msn.com

It's not quite as pretty as John's, but I try to keep the number of items on a
toolbar less than a dozen or so. (I find the menus much nicer.)

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I use each of them with the same version of windows and excel. They work ok for
me.

Jenn wrote:

OS- Windows XP
Excel 2003