Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default View Array Contents

Often I need to see the contents of my array to verify that I am doing things
correctly. About the only ways I know how to do this is the "Hover" method
where the yellow popup will come over the currently-pointed to array. But
the popup doesn't always work and besides, it only shows me the value of the
array for the elements that are set and I want to "browse" the entire
contents of the array. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

While your code is sitting on a break point or what for an F8 to step next,
go to the Debug window, choose Add Watch and eneter your array variable
name in the Expression to watch. This will display the current and changing
values of the array. Click the "+" symbol in the Watch window to view a list
of all elements of the array and their values.

"Mike H." wrote in message
Often I need to see the contents of my array to verify that I am doing
things
correctly. About the only ways I know how to do this is the "Hover"
method
where the yellow popup will come over the currently-pointed to array. But
the popup doesn't always work and besides, it only shows me the value of
the
array for the elements that are set and I want to "browse" the entire
contents of the array. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can also type the following in the Immediate window while you are at a
break point or wait on a step:

for n = 1 to 3 : debug.Print v(n) :next n

Change 'v' to the name of the array ane change 1 and 3 to the lower and
upper elements you wish to view.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Mike H." wrote in message
Often I need to see the contents of my array to verify that I am doing
things
correctly. About the only ways I know how to do this is the "Hover"
method
where the yellow popup will come over the currently-pointed to array. But
the popup doesn't always work and besides, it only shows me the value of
the
array for the elements that are set and I want to "browse" the entire
contents of the array. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is totally awesome. I can see "everything" in there! Thanks a lot!