Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CLICK THEN GO TO NAME ON SEPARATE WORKSHEET

I have two worksheets:

1st Worksheet named, "Contact Master"
Contact Master

COMPANY Position Name
FD Roustabout Albarado, Justin
FD Welder Atchley, Brian
FD ABCO Bailey, Jason

2nd Worksheet named "Master Schedule"
Name Position
Arnold, Benjamin Roustabout
Sage, Richard Roustabout

I want to click on the name in contact master and have it take me to the
exact same name in the 2nd worksheet. When using hyperlink I am unable to
specify the specific name I want it to find.

Please help. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. Vlookup and
Hlookup haven't worked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about double-click??

Put the following in worksheet code for the first sheet:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Dim v As String, v2 As String
Cancel = True
v = Target.Value
n = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To n
v2 = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, 1).Value
If v2 = v Then
Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, 1).Select
Exit Sub
End If
Next
MsgBox ("not found")

Gary''s Student - gsnu200745

"dmshurley" wrote:

I have two worksheets:

1st Worksheet named, "Contact Master"
Contact Master

COMPANY Position Name
FD Roustabout Albarado, Justin
FD Welder Atchley, Brian
FD ABCO Bailey, Jason

2nd Worksheet named "Master Schedule"
Name Position
Arnold, Benjamin Roustabout
Sage, Richard Roustabout

I want to click on the name in contact master and have it take me to the
exact same name in the 2nd worksheet. When using hyperlink I am unable to
specify the specific name I want it to find.

Please help. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. Vlookup and
Hlookup haven't worked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Okay,
I finally got it to work if I double click on the name in contact master,
but now I would like to do the exact same thing from the Master Schedule Name
column.

"dmshurley" wrote:

I have two worksheets:

1st Worksheet named, "Contact Master"
Contact Master

COMPANY Position Name
FD Roustabout Albarado, Justin
FD Welder Atchley, Brian
FD ABCO Bailey, Jason

2nd Worksheet named "Master Schedule"
Name Position
Arnold, Benjamin Roustabout
Sage, Richard Roustabout

I want to click on the name in contact master and have it take me to the
exact same name in the 2nd worksheet. When using hyperlink I am unable to
specify the specific name I want it to find.

Please help. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. Vlookup and
Hlookup haven't worked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check back tomorrow!
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200745

"dmshurley" wrote:

I have two worksheets:

1st Worksheet named, "Contact Master"
Contact Master

COMPANY Position Name
FD Roustabout Albarado, Justin
FD Welder Atchley, Brian
FD ABCO Bailey, Jason

2nd Worksheet named "Master Schedule"
Name Position
Arnold, Benjamin Roustabout
Sage, Richard Roustabout

I want to click on the name in contact master and have it take me to the
exact same name in the 2nd worksheet. When using hyperlink I am unable to
specify the specific name I want it to find.

Please help. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. Vlookup and
Hlookup haven't worked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It worked!!!!! Thanks!!

Do you know what I should do to add new records automatically from the
Contact Master fields to the Master Schedule? Several fields are the same
name, such as Name, Position, Company, ....

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Check back tomorrow!
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200745