Junior Member

Default Can I click on a cell on one worksheet and make it take me to another worksheet

Hello
Thanks for looking at this:
I want to list a number of names on sheet one of a workbook and I want to be able to click on a name and it take me to another worksheet, in the same workbook which is linked to that name.
Can I do it?
All help is much appreciated
Thanks
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Go to InsertHyperlink, click "Place In This Document", choose where
you want to jump and click OK. A link is created; when you click on
it, the selection is changed to wherever you specified.

HTH,
JP

--
steve12345

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sounds like you are creating an Index Sheet.

You can do it by making each name a hyperlink to the appropriate sheet.

My question is............how do you propose to get back to that original sheet
so's you can pick another name from the list?

If you right-click on the navigation arrows at bottom left you will get a list
of 15 sheets and "more sheets".

Selecting one of those will jump you to that sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:30:23 +0000, steve12345
wrote:

Hello
Thanks for looking at this:
I want to list a number of names on sheet one of a workbook and I want
to be able to click on a name and it take me to another worksheet, in
the same workbook which is linked to that name.
Can I do it?
All help is much appreciated
Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gord Dibben,
Wouldn't you place a hyperlink on each sheet, back to the Index Sheet?

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) <message rule
<<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

wrote:

Hello
Thanks for looking at this:
I want to list a number of names on sheet one of a workbook and I want
to be able to click on a name and it take me to another worksheet, in
the same workbook which is linked to that name.
Can I do it?
All help is much appreciated
Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yes, you could do that but to my way of thinking why go those extra steps to
make a hyperlink on each sheet to go back to Index sheet to pick another sheet.

You can use the right-click on the navigation arrows or build a Navigation
Toolbar as per Dave's code on Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or see this google search thread for the BrowseSheets macro from Bob Phillips.

http://tinyurl.com/yoa3dw

Gord

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:37:23 -0500, "Rich/rerat" wrote:

Gord Dibben,
Wouldn't you place a hyperlink on each sheet, back to the Index Sheet?

Junior Member

That worked. Thank you!
But how do I make it so that clicking on a specific cell ("cell1, worksheet1") takes me to a different worksheet (worksheet2) of the same document, where the data in a table gets instantly filtered by the value I have in the Cell1?
Is it possible?

Thank you in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP[_4_] View Post