Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can you limit the amount typed in a cell in Excel 2003?

I have a template I have used for years but the problem is everytime you fill
the cell up you have to stop, go down to the next cell and continue. Is there
a way to make it auto enter to the next cell when the range you are typing in
is full?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is difficult because of fonts and font sizes. It is much easier to count
the characters as they are being typed and shift down once a limit has been
reached.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200745

"Rezzolve" wrote:

I have a template I have used for years but the problem is everytime you fill
the cell up you have to stop, go down to the next cell and continue. Is there
a way to make it auto enter to the next cell when the range you are typing in
is full?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think that this will work.

Your macro won't work while the user is typing in a cell.

Maybe creating a userform and counting the characters would work for the OP,
though.

"Rezzolve" wrote:

I have a template I have used for years but the problem is everytime you fill
the cell up you have to stop, go down to the next cell and continue. Is there
a way to make it auto enter to the next cell when the range you are typing in
is full?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave:

I was thinking of using Steve Bullen's CheckKey technique to read keyboard
strokes as they were being entered:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200745

"Rezzolve" wrote:

I have a template I have used for years but the problem is everytime you fill
the cell up you have to stop, go down to the next cell and continue. Is there
a way to make it auto enter to the next cell when the range you are typing in
is full?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is an example from a post earlier this month. The routine is triggered
on a Selection Change:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...949af9e8704188

I have coded other examples that allow the user to enter text in a cell and
have the status bar track the number of characters in the cell as they are
being entered.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200745