Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Can you limit the amount typed in a cell in Excel 2003?

I don't think that this will work when the user is typing in a cell.

Gary''s Student wrote:

Hi Dave:

I was thinking of using Steve Bullen's CheckKey technique to read keyboard
strokes as they were being entered:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200745

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't think that this will work.

Your macro won't work while the user is typing in a cell.

Maybe creating a userform and counting the characters would work for the OP,
though.

Gary''s Student wrote:

It is difficult because of fonts and font sizes. It is much easier to count
the characters as they are being typed and shift down once a limit has been
reached.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200745

"Rezzolve" wrote:

I have a template I have used for years but the problem is everytime you fill
the cell up you have to stop, go down to the next cell and continue. Is there
a way to make it auto enter to the next cell when the range you are typing in
is full?

--

Dave Peterson

--