Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I limit the amount of text in a given cell?

If I want each cell to only allow 6 digits in it, is there a way to make it
'stop' at the limit?

I'm trying to create a form where each cell can only hold 1 digit then move
on to the next cell. Is there anyway to do this in Excel? There's so many
boxes that I need, it would be very difficult to do in Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells you want to limit. Then choose Data - Validation - Allow
[Text Length]...

You may need to add an Input Message and/or change the Error Alert Setting...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson