Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DP7 DP7 is offline

Default Spreadsheet performance

Hi, I have a monster spreadsheet that has 62 columns, 23 formulas 10 of which
are vlookups, there are 5 complex IF statement. As u can imagine the spread
sheet is very cumbersome to work with. I know the long term solution to this
problem is to move this "report" to a database. In the mean time does anyone
have any suggestion as to how to make this report more robust! ANY
suggestions are welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With the info provided, you will definitely not get any assistance! Are you
saying that in 62 columns, you only have 23 formulae? That does not even
equate to 1 formula per column, even if you utilise only one row! What does
the rest of the spreadsheet consist of then? How many rows? Surely this
cannot be a cumbersome spreadsheet, unless extremely poorly designed? Older
versions of Excel are supposed to handle 256 columns and 65 536 rows in a
sheet. You are using a mere 24% of possible columns. I am really not trying
to be sarcastic, but perhaps, if you provide more info, someone will be able
to assist you?

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"DP7" wrote:

Hi, I have a monster spreadsheet that has 62 columns, 23 formulas 10 of which
are vlookups, there are 5 complex IF statement. As u can imagine the spread
sheet is very cumbersome to work with. I know the long term solution to this
problem is to move this "report" to a database. In the mean time does anyone
have any suggestion as to how to make this report more robust! ANY
suggestions are welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DP7 DP7 is offline

Dear kassie I would assume that you would know that if a cell does not
contain a formula it must have a value; you being the excel god that you are.
Yes I am using on 24% of the possible spreadsheet with over 2000 rows. I
thought this forum was meant to help. This is not my first time posting a
question on this forum. I have always been very clear and received answers
that shed light on my issues. You were not trying to be €śsarcastic€ť you
claimed, well as far as I see it your comments are contemptible. Thanks for
your comments but next time please try to keep your uncouth comments to
yourself

"DP7" wrote:

Hi, I have a monster spreadsheet that has 62 columns, 23 formulas 10 of which
are vlookups, there are 5 complex IF statement. As u can imagine the spread
sheet is very cumbersome to work with. I know the long term solution to this
problem is to move this "report" to a database. In the mean time does anyone
have any suggestion as to how to make this report more robust! ANY
suggestions are welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I really hope you solve your problem! I was merely trying to get a better
insight, in an attempt to assist you. By the way, I am just a human being,
one which like to contribute to these forums. Have a nice day my friend, I
will not bother you again.

Kind regards

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"DP7" wrote:

Hi, I have a monster spreadsheet that has 62 columns, 23 formulas 10 of which
are vlookups, there are 5 complex IF statement. As u can imagine the spread
sheet is very cumbersome to work with. I know the long term solution to this
problem is to move this "report" to a database. In the mean time does anyone
have any suggestion as to how to make this report more robust! ANY
suggestions are welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"DP7" wrote:
Dear kassie I would assume that you would know that if a cell does not
contain a formula it must have a value; you being the excel god that you are.
Yes I am using on 24% of the possible spreadsheet with over 2000 rows. I
thought this forum was meant to help. This is not my first time posting a
question on this forum. I have always been very clear and received answers
that shed light on my issues. You were not trying to be "sarcastic" you

"DP7" wrote:

Hi, I have a monster spreadsheet that has 62 columns, 23 formulas 10 of which
are vlookups, there are 5 complex IF statement. As u can imagine the spread
sheet is very cumbersome to work with. I know the long term solution to this
problem is to move this "report" to a database. In the mean time does anyone
have any suggestion as to how to make this report more robust! ANY
suggestions are welcome.

Hi, can you specify what makes your spreadsheet "cumbersome" coz
formulas were made to make
things easier not harder.

If your working with simple vlookups chances are yor bound to get
that
"n/a" thing. Well this can be avoided by using a IF-ISERROR
combination. just lookup on the
help function of excel. hth...