Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DP7 DP7 is offline

Default Spreadsheet performance

Dear kassie I would assume that you would know that if a cell does not
contain a formula it must have a value; you being the excel god that you are.
Yes I am using on 24% of the possible spreadsheet with over 2000 rows. I
thought this forum was meant to help. This is not my first time posting a
question on this forum. I have always been very clear and received answers
that shed light on my issues. You were not trying to be €śsarcastic€ť you
claimed, well as far as I see it your comments are contemptible. Thanks for
your comments but next time please try to keep your uncouth comments to
yourself

"kassie" wrote:

With the info provided, you will definitely not get any assistance! Are you
saying that in 62 columns, you only have 23 formulae? That does not even
equate to 1 formula per column, even if you utilise only one row! What does
the rest of the spreadsheet consist of then? How many rows? Surely this
cannot be a cumbersome spreadsheet, unless extremely poorly designed? Older
versions of Excel are supposed to handle 256 columns and 65 536 rows in a
sheet. You are using a mere 24% of possible columns. I am really not trying
to be sarcastic, but perhaps, if you provide more info, someone will be able
to assist you?

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"DP7" wrote:

Hi, I have a monster spreadsheet that has 62 columns, 23 formulas 10 of which
are vlookups, there are 5 complex IF statement. As u can imagine the spread
sheet is very cumbersome to work with. I know the long term solution to this
problem is to move this "report" to a database. In the mean time does anyone
have any suggestion as to how to make this report more robust! ANY
suggestions are welcome.