Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filtered spreadsheet performance

Hi, all

I've got a filtered spreadsheet constructed of about 40 columns and less
than 2000 rows of data. At times, the file runs very smoothly and delivers
accurate results. At other times, the spreadsheet is unusually slow;
sometimes taking a couple of minutes for it to calcuate the desired results.

Is there anything I can do (or un-do) that will speed up the time it takes
to process results? I'm not sure why it hangs up, and/or if there's any one
thing that is to blame.

Any/all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a similar problem. For me, it is almost always related to links to
external files. If you have those files open when you start it should help
cut down on the processing type. Another issue is complex formulas. I find
it helpful to change the calculation mode to Manual until I need an explict
recalc done.

Hope this helps.

PJ