Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Initializing Option Buttons in Excel 2007

I have 2 option buttons on a worksheet. In Excel 2003, I initialized
them from the workbook_open event with the line:
sh.OLEObjects("EditorButton").Object.Value = 0
sh.OLEObjects("AuthorButton").Object.Value = 0
All other sheets in the workbook are hidden, except the one the
buttons are on.
After converting to Excel 2007, and converting the file to a .xlsm,
those lines give errors. I tried moving the lines to the
worksheet_activate event, but that doesn't seem to get executed when
the workbook opens.

I think they are forms buttons, but I'm not sure, and I don't know how
to tell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well if they are Forms toolbar option buttons you can set them like this in
either Excel 2003 or 2007:

sh.OptionButtons("Option Button 1").Value = True

where sh is set to a worksheet.

--
Jim
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have 2 option buttons on a worksheet. In Excel 2003, I initialized
them from the workbook_open event with the line:
sh.OLEObjects("EditorButton").Object.Value = 0
sh.OLEObjects("AuthorButton").Object.Value = 0
All other sheets in the workbook are hidden, except the one the
buttons are on.
After converting to Excel 2007, and converting the file to a .xlsm,
those lines give errors. I tried moving the lines to the
worksheet_activate event, but that doesn't seem to get executed when
the workbook opens.

I think they are forms buttons, but I'm not sure, and I don't know how
to tell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Jim. That didn't work, but once I removed the optionbuttons
from the group they were in, the original syntax worked. I think
sh.optionbuttons is no longer valid in Excel 2007.
Felsa

On Aug 3, 4:35 pm, "Jim Rech" wrote:
Well if they are Forms toolbaroptionbuttons you can set them like this in
eitherExcel2003 or 2007:

sh.OptionButtons("OptionButton1").Value = True

where sh is set to a worksheet.

--
wrote in message

oups.com...

I have 2optionbuttons on a worksheet. InExcel2003, I initialized
them from the workbook_open event with the line:
sh.OLEObjects("EditorButton").Object.Value = 0
sh.OLEObjects("AuthorButton").Object.Value = 0
All other sheets in the workbook are hidden, except the one the
buttons are on.
After converting toExcel2007, and converting the file to a .xlsm,
those lines give errors. I tried moving the lines to the
worksheet_activate event, but that doesn't seem to get executed when
the workbook opens.

I think they are forms buttons, but I'm not sure, and I don't know how
to tell.- Hide quoted text -