Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto fill today's date

Hello,

How would I alter the below to put today's date in column A if a word is
entered into column B? For example, when "tower" is typed into B16, A16
automatically puts todays date in 07/07/07 format?

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Right click the sheet tab, view code and paste this in.

With Target
If .Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Range("B1:B16"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
.Offset(0, 1).ClearContents
Else
With .Offset(0, -1)
.NumberFormat = "dd mm yy"
.Value = Now
End With
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End With
End Sub

Mike

"nabanco" wrote:

Hello,

How would I alter the below to put today's date in column A if a word is
entered into column B? For example, when "tower" is typed into B16, A16
automatically puts todays date in 07/07/07 format?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

You confused me a bit there because that was what it was supposed to do
until I spotted a typo.

Change this line
Offset(0, 1).ClearContents

to this
Offset(0, -1).ClearContents

Mike

"nabanco" wrote:

Hello,

How would I alter the below to put today's date in column A if a word is
entered into column B? For example, when "tower" is typed into B16, A16
automatically puts todays date in 07/07/07 format?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike.

I've used your code and it's giving me some problems. Hope you don't mind
me asking for your help.

When I run the 'auto date' code, it cancels out the vlookup code and creates
and error. After this happens, all the code in my workbook becomes
inoperable. Can you examine the code I'm using and give me some hints,
please?
---
<<<<<<The following code runs the vlookup...
Dim rng As Range, res As Variant

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B6:B5000")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

Set rng = Worksheets("StatePris").Range("A1:C50000")

res = Application.VLookup(Target, rng, 2, False)

Application.EnableEvents = False
If IsError(res) Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 2).Value = ""
Else
Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = res
Target.Offset(0, 2).Value = Application.VLookup(Target, rng, 3, False)
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If

<<<<this code runs the auto date
With Target
With Target
If .Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Range("B6:B2000"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
.Offset(0, -1).ClearContents
Else