Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default AUTO FILL DATE 1ST & 15

I need to create column headers that show a date progression through several
years, showing the 1st & the 15th of each month. I think I've tried
everything in my fill series options, but nothing is working (I even tried
".5 months")
Is there a simple answer to this?

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With your first date in B1:

=IF(DAY(B1)=1,DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1),15),
DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+1,1))
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"lolan7" wrote:

I need to create column headers that show a date progression through several
years, showing the 1st & the 15th of each month. I think I've tried
everything in my fill series options, but nothing is working (I even tried
".5 months")
Is there a simple answer to this?

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In A1 enter the 1st date
In B1 enter the formula and copy across...
=DATE(YEAR(A1),IF(DAY(A1)=1,MONTH(A1),MONTH(A1)+1) ,IF(DAY(A1)=1,15,1))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"lolan7" wrote:

I need to create column headers that show a date progression through several
years, showing the 1st & the 15th of each month. I think I've tried
everything in my fill series options, but nothing is working (I even tried
".5 months")
Is there a simple answer to this?

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't need formulas and you are XL2002 or better then select the 2
date. Drag them as usual. When complete select the Fill options at the bottom
right of the filled cells. Choose months... You can get the same thing
dragging with the right mouse button and choosing months.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"lolan7" wrote:

I need to create column headers that show a date progression through several
years, showing the 1st & the 15th of each month. I think I've tried
everything in my fill series options, but nothing is working (I even tried
".5 months")
Is there a simple answer to this?

Thanks for your help.

Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke M View Post
With your first date in B1:

=IF(DAY(B1)=1,DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1),15),
DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+1,1))
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

Elegant, simple, genius!... Just what I was looking for!

Great job Luke!

Though, I'm new to this site, and not sure where to "click yes"...