Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date Auto Fill

I'm trying to use auto fill for a column of dates. But when I use the fill
series command (with day selected as date unit and step value 1) it changes
the year instead of the day.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure you enter real dates.

And you may want to try filling in two dates
then select both cells and drag that down (or edit|fill)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The date I'm using is 01/27/08. I tried filling in the next one (01/28/08)
and dragging them both down and the day changed but the year did as well. I
tried the auto fill and only the year changes.

"malewis48" wrote:

I'm trying to use auto fill for a column of dates. But when I use the fill
series command (with day selected as date unit and step value 1) it changes
the year instead of the day.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After you type in those values, try formatting the cells in an unambiguous date
format (like: mmmm dd, yyyy).

If the display doesn't change, you're not typing dates.

That could mean that the cells were preformatted as text (reformat as General
and retype the dates).

Or it could mean that you're not typing the month, day, year in the correct
order. Make sure you match the same mdy order as your windows regional setting.