Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Web Query Without URL

I am used to working with web queries such as the one below:

For Each c In Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1:E1")
lstRw = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

str1 =
"URL;http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=USD&to=" & _
c.Value & _
"&submit=Convert"
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=str1 _
, Destination:=Range("A" & lstRw + 1))

€¦etc, etc, etc

End With
Next c

What I cant figure out is how a query is done when there is no URL!
Basically, a guy who is no longer with the company created a web query, and
used some technique, which I am not familiar with, to do the query. I know
the query is for foreign exchange rates, and I can tell that the query source
is somehow linked to: www.xrate.com

I can't find a URL anywhere though. I only figured out that a web query is
being done when I disconnected the Ethernet connection and launched Excel. A
message popped up saying something like Excel was unable to query a table
from xrate.com. I just cant figure out how this query is actually done.
Can anyone shed some light on this topic for me?

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The query is most likely a data query that has no VBA code behind it. It is
created by choosing the menu command Data-Import External Data-New Web
Query.

To edit the query, find the table in the workbook where the results are
placed, right-click on the table, and choose "Edit Query".

Kevin