Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Use MS Query to query data within the current work book

I am trying to use MS Query to retrieve data from an internal Excel Table (or
named range) within the current Excel workbook.

I have it working but I have to point the ODBC data connection to that
actual fixed workbook location on my hard drive.

Connection string: DSN=Excel
Files;DBQ=D:\Data\MLV\MasLoc_View_v1_32.xlsm;Defau ltDir=D:\Data\MLV;DriverId=1046;MaxBufferSize=2048 ;PageTimeout=5;

I would like to set the ODBC connection file to look for the Excel table (or
named range) within the current workbook, and not rely on the fixed location
of the file. Or, I would like to be able to use MS Query to query Internal
data within the current workbook.

Any ideas?