Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anthony

Default Save data retreived from query without saving query

I have a MULTI worksheet spreadsheet that populates the multiple worksheets
by retreiving data from an Access Data Base when I open the spreadsheet. The
underlying data in the Access Data Base is constantly changing. Therefore,
I would like to take a "snapshot" of the Access Data base in Excel and save
the Excel spreadsheet without saving the query. I don't want to save the
underlying query because then if I open the Excel spreadsheet later, it will
take a new "snapshot" of the Access database and I will lose the old snapshot
data. Therefore, I would like to strip the query out of the Excel
spreadsheet when I save it under a different name.
Yes, I know you can save it under a different name and then manually unclick
the "Save Query Definition" in the External Data Properties then resave. But
there are 20 worksheets in the spreadsheet and that would be a tedious
process. Is it possible to strip the query out of all 20 worksheets
automatically when you save it. I would even be willing to use a Macro or VB
if you can tell me how to program it and have it automatically run when you
open the spreadsheet.
Thanks