Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default getting started on Fluent RibbonUI

Hi all.
After extensive modifications to the general menu that Ron de Bruin has,
I've decided to try my hand on the xml/Ribbon.
I've downloaded the files/programs that're recommended.
the xml editor from MS.
there is a pdf file that is chapter 14 from a book from a couple of guys in
Britain.
The weblink is (in case you need to see what I'm referring to):
<http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel2007ProgRef/Default.htm
as well as a few others.
My question has to do with the initial xml code offering in the above
mentioned pdf file (for those who've read it, or are willing to take the time
to read it).
In the office 2007 XML editor, the < symbol is not being recognized when I
click the validate key.

I receive the following error (it's the second line, < starting the ribbon.):

Not a valid xml document!
'<', hexidecimal value 0x3c, is an invalid attribute character. Line 2,
position 3.

The code that I've used is as follows (it's a sample piece to see how to do
a basic add-in ribbon menu):

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui
<ribbon
<tabs
<tab id="rxAuditing" label="Auditing"
<group id="rxAuditMisc" label="Miscellaneous"
<control idMso="Copy" /
<control idMso="PasteMenu" /
<separator id="rxAuditMiscSeparator1"/
<control idMso="NameManager" /
<control idMso="ViewFreezePanesGallery" /
<control idMso="WindowSwitchWindowsMenuExcel" /
</group
<group idMso="GroupFormulaAuditing" /
<group idMso="GroupFont" /
<group idMso="GroupNumber" /
</tab
</tabs
</ribbon
</customUI

I'd appreciate some assistance here.
Thank you in advance.
SteveB.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Missing a double-quote on the end if the first line:
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui
should be:
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"

Tim