Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help to get started with Excel 2007 Fluent UI Customisations

I've read alot of the Microsoft documentation on the new Office 2007
Fluent Ribbon UI. But must admit I'm a little confused an how to get
started.

Can I create new ribbons, control built-in ribbons directly from VBA
code in Excel 2007?

If so, I would appreicate a small code sample to help me get started.
It does not matter what it does, I'm more intereted in how that what.
The sample can either be Word or Excel is fine.

Please either paste code fragments here or a link to download a sample
file.

Your help and assistance greatly appreciated,
Dennis.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Two good starting places to find out how to deal with the ribbon are these:
Ron De Bruin's site at http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
and
Patrick Schmid's site at http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbonx/index.php
Patric also has two version of an add-on tool to permit you to customize
ribbons without coding it yourself - one 'basic' tool for free and the Pro
version for about $30 USD [ http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize/index.php
]