Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to make a fluent chart for merged cells?

Hi,
I am trying to make a chart with source data that is available in a
range of merged cells (e.g. Value 1 is in the merged cells B1 to J1,
Value 2 in K1 to S1 etc.).
The result is a chart with many steps on the x-axis (B1, C1, D1, E1,
F1, etc.) with a value on every ninth step. How do I merge the steps
on the x-axis in order to have a fluent chart instead of a value every
ninth step?
I hope I made myself clear. Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hmmm... clearish

I suggest you get rid of the merged cells
or set up some dummy cells (in between) which refer to the merged ones, and
then base the chart on the dummy

ie A2 A3 merged A4 A5 merged

dummy B5=A2 B6=A4

chart B5:B6