Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trusted Publisher in Excel 2003

I used SelfCert.exe to make myself trusted, I ran it twice, once
saying I was Brazee, and once saying I was Howard Brazee.

But when I open my spreadsheet with medium security that is in:
C:\Documents and Settings\brazee\My Documents\home

I get the medium security dialog asking if I want to enable macros.

I look at Tools|Macros|Security|Trusted Publishers

and see brazee is a trusted publisher. Both check boxes are checked.

I found another spreadsheet I created a year ago (with macros), and it
appears to have the exact same settings. (That's when I learned
about SelfCert).

What am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you digitally sign your macros?
From VB Editor, Tools - Digital Signature - Choose. Save the file.

The next time it opens, you can check the box to Always Trust, and
after that it will open silently.

If the Always Trust box is grayed out, it can be enabled by installing
it:
Details - View Certificate - Install or a variation thereof.

Carl

On May 11, 2:34 pm, Howard Brazee wrote:
I used SelfCert.exe to make myself trusted, I ran it twice, once
saying I was Brazee, and once saying I was Howard Brazee.

But when I open my spreadsheet with medium security that is in:
C:\Documents and Settings\brazee\My Documents\home

I get the medium security dialog asking if I want to enable macros.

I look at Tools|Macros|Security|Trusted Publishers

and see brazee is a trusted publisher. Both check boxes are checked.

I found another spreadsheet I created a year ago (with macros), and it
appears to have the exact same settings. (That's when I learned
about SelfCert).

What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 11 May 2007 21:47:50 -0700, Carl Hartness
wrote:

Did you digitally sign your macros?
From VB Editor, Tools - Digital Signature - Choose. Save the file.

I didn't see that message. It was what I needed. I noticed I had a
half dozen signatures from all of the times I tried SelfCert.