Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Judy

Default How to get the security warning, add myself as trusted publisher

In exercise 7, of create a certificate and use it to sign, it tells me to
add my certificate as a trusted publisher. When I follow the steps to do this
I don't get a security warning. Why is that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Judy

Since we don't know what exercise 7 refers to, hard to tell what steps you
have taken.

KB Article on certificates, including SelfCert.

After you get the certificate created you can check its properties. It will
be "untrusted".

To make it into a Trusted Certificate you must open the Microsoft Management
Console(Windows XP) by StartRun "mmc"(no quotes).

FileAdd/Remove Snap-inCertificates.

Your new certificate will be under the Personal category.

Copy and paste it into the Trusted Certificates category. Ignore the alerts
and click Yes.

These selfcerts are machine-specific but can be used for multiple files.

Close out MMC and open Excel and your workbook.

ToolsOptionsSecurityDigital SignaturesAdd. Add the signature.

Then you hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

ToolsDigital Signatures follow steps to sign the project.

Save file and close it.

Next time you open you should get the pop-up screen allowing you to "always
trust" checkbox.

Works for me on Windows XP SP2(as well as SP1)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP