Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Needing Help

I currently need help on a project m tryin got complete. I have 2 codeds
that gather data for me. one matches the column and other matches the row
and then gives em the data in the column. I have this going to a group of
cells we can call F3 thru F8. This part works fine. I have used =if(E35=B$6,
$AA$2,"") to match and place a 1 so that it can be added to my formula. If
it matches it works great. However, Where it searches G35 doesnt match in F3
say thru F7 but matches F8 I get N/A and then the numbers will not be
displayed. How do I get it to place a zero in the cell if it doesnt match to
the formula works. Her is example.
E F G H E35 = RFL B6 = RFL
AA2 1
3 CHA 8 0 8
4 DEX 8 0 8
5 WIL 8 0 8
6 INT 8 0 8
7 RFL 8 1 9
8 DRV 8 0 8
9 ONI 8 0 8
10 PAR 8 0 8

Now when I copy it to different Cells to make it seach for and of E i get
this:

E F G H E35 = RFL B6 = RFL
AA2 1
3 CHA 8 N/A ###
4 DEX 8 N/A ###
5 WIL 8 N/A ###
6 INT 8 N/A ###
7 RFL 8 1 9
8 DRV 8 N/A ###
9 ONI 8 N/A ###
10 PAR 8 N/A ### B6 can only match one fo the items E3:E10.

I need it to take out the N/A and leave a zero or blank so that the formula
is completes as the column H3:H10 is copied somewhere else.

Any Idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Khanjohn

Use IfError in the formulas. It will allow you to specify a zero when there
is an error.

Thanks,
--
DownThePaint
Where points are scored and games are won!

"Khanjohn" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's one of the added functions in xl2007:
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...20/483205.aspx

Khanjohn wrote:

Thanks now what is IfError?

"Khanjohn" wrote:

[...]