Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Needing a formula

I need a formula for the following:

Lets say on "sheet 2" I need C16 to = C14+C15 off of "sheet 1" but it would
also need to = C23+C24+25+C26+C27+C28+C29 off of "sheet 1". If they do not =
each other then I would need a red flag, pop up error, or something to let me
know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if I did not post this question in the correct area please let me know.

Thanks!
jjwho
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Firstly, yes, this is a good area to post such a query,
Try,
=IF(SUM(Sheet1!C14:C15)=SUM(Sheet1!C23:C29),TRUE,F ALSE)
This will give you TRUE or FALSE if the condition is met or not. You can
then use Conditional Formatting to flag the cell red if you want to, a pop
up is a little more complicated as you need to use VB code to do that,
Regards,
Alan.

=