Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default needing a formula i think?

I'm not familiar with excel, but i have a list of 2400 items that i need to
narrow down to items less than a certain amount. someone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yes if you give a bit (a lot ! ) more detail
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mirida" wrote in message
I'm not familiar with excel, but i have a list of 2400 items that i need
narrow down to items less than a certain amount. someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

alright, i have a list of over 2400 items that need to be narrowed down to
the ones less than a certain dollar amount...and then i would like to arrange
them in order from smallest to largest in price. at the moment they are
arranged in order by parcel number only and dollar amount all over the scale!

"Mirida" wrote in message
I'm not familiar with excel, but i have a list of 2400 items that i need
narrow down to items less than a certain amount. someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

DataFilterAutofilterCustomShow rows where is less than the amount.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:53:01 -0800, Mirida
wrote:

I'm not familiar with excel, but i have a list of 2400 items that i need to
narrow down to items less than a certain amount. someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select all the data; use Data | Sort (do NOT use the AZ or ZA tools) and
tell Excel which
column(s) to use for sorting.
best wishes