Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Connie Martin

Default Needing simple formula

I know it's simple, but I don't know how to write it. G3 contains a number.
If G3 starts with a 3 then it's to yield "ZMO" in H3. If it's anything else,
H3 is to be blank.

Connie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=IF(LEFT(G3,1)="3","ZMO","")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
I know it's simple, but I don't know how to write it. G3 contains a

number.
If G3 starts with a 3 then it's to yield "ZMO" in H3. If it's anything

else,
H3 is to be blank.

Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

In H3, try:
=IF(LEFT(G3,1)="3","ZMO","")

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
I know it's simple, but I don't know how to write it. G3 contains a
number.
If G3 starts with a 3 then it's to yield "ZMO" in H3. If it's anything
else,
H3 is to be blank.

Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

=if(left(G3,1)="3","ZMO","")

Keep in mind that "" is NOT blank, it just displays as blank

"Connie Martin" wrote:

I know it's simple, but I don't know how to write it. G3 contains a number.
If G3 starts with a 3 then it's to yield "ZMO" in H3. If it's anything else,
H3 is to be blank.

Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Connie Martin

Thank you! That works perfectly!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(LEFT(G3,1)="3","ZMO","")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
I know it's simple, but I don't know how to write it. G3 contains a

number.
If G3 starts with a 3 then it's to yield "ZMO" in H3. If it's anything

else,
H3 is to be blank.

Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Connie Martin

Thank you! You and Bob have the exact same answer and it works perfectly!

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

In H3, try:
=IF(LEFT(G3,1)="3","ZMO","")

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
I know it's simple, but I don't know how to write it. G3 contains a
number.
If G3 starts with a 3 then it's to yield "ZMO" in H3. If it's anything
else,
H3 is to be blank.

Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Connie Martin

You guys all know your stuff! You all have the exact same answer! Thank
you. I knew it was simple, but .... it's not one I've had to use until now.
Thanks again!