Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do i make a visual basic function calculate every cycle?

how do i make a visual basic function calculate every cycle? I am
constructing a visual basic function in Excell that returns a result using
only clock input, that is NOT DEPENDENT upon cell data. Normal functions
calculate only when inputs change; There are no inputs; so it calculates once
and never again.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you using a function or a subroutine? The reason I'm asking is a
function can't write to the worksheet (only read). If you are using a
subroutine simply have the macro write to a cell in the worksheet. make sure
events arre enabled.

"MOnte" wrote:

how do i make a visual basic function calculate every cycle? I am
constructing a visual basic function in Excell that returns a result using
only clock input, that is NOT DEPENDENT upon cell data. Normal functions
calculate only when inputs change; There are no inputs; so it calculates once
and never again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am constructing a Public Function that will be activated within a cell
("=gTime()"). I want the cell to be re-Calculated on every screen update.
The function will return a value which is the specially computed elapsed time.

"MOnte" wrote:

how do i make a visual basic function calculate every cycle? I am
constructing a visual basic function in Excell that returns a result using
only clock input, that is NOT DEPENDENT upon cell data. Normal functions
calculate only when inputs change; There are no inputs; so it calculates once
and never again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If not familar with what you are doing. Is it possible to run a sub with the
timer rather than a function? Have the sub everytime the timer expires to
write the time to the worksheet. Then everything will get recalulated.

"MOnte" wrote:

how do i make a visual basic function calculate every cycle? I am
constructing a visual basic function in Excell that returns a result using
only clock input, that is NOT DEPENDENT upon cell data. Normal functions
calculate only when inputs change; There are no inputs; so it calculates once
and never again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

=gTime(Now())

The "Now()" parameter will cause a recalculation every time the sheet is
recalculated (but not on every "screen update").

It's not too clear what you mean by "every cycle" - cycle of what ?

Tim