Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying Data from one workbook to another

I am doing Time caps for my company with column A listing the names of the
employees and row 3 is the date.

In each other field there is a number of hours worked for each individula
employee In the one workbook it is setup on a by-weekly format the current
one is for March 24th to April 6th I want to be able to type the information
into this workbook and have it also show up in the Monthly workbook that I am
also working with.

Is there any formula that would let me do this easily without having to copy
and paste each selection.

I have a thought of what it could look like but I'm not sure how to
accomplish it.
I.E. have the formula search the by-weekly workbook for a particular date
then find each individual employee and enter the corisponding value similar
to a times table setup find 3/11/07 across the top then down thr left side
find the appropiate name then enter the value.

Is this even possible.

Please Help
not much hair left to pull out.

Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The general form of a referenced cell is a follows

'[c:\my workbook.xls]My worksheet'!A1:B7

Note that the single quotes are needed only if there arre spaces in the
workbook name or the worksheet name.

"madduck" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This isn't a function it is a way of referencing a cell in another workbook.
It is part of a function.

On the same worksheet you would use
=A1 or =sum(A1:A4)
on a different worksheet in the same workbook
='sheet2'!A1 or =sum('sheet2'!A1:A4)
to a different workbook
='[workbook2.xls]sheet2'!A1 or =sum('[workbook2.xls]sheet2'!A1:A4)